Constant Contact vs. MailChimp

Discussion in 'Email Marketing' started by Michelle Rae, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Michelle Rae

Michelle Rae New Member

I've been doing my research on email marketing services and I've seen some great deals out there. But who would you say is the best option? MailChimp looks really hip and easy-to-use, but I keep running into ConstantContact ads and they seem to have a very professionally-minded website.

2. leo

leo Member

Michelle,

It's hard to say which is the "best" option between the two without knowing how you'll use the tool. Is this for a newsletter or email blasts? Also, would you consider yourself "tech savvy?"

If you describe how you plan to use it a bit, it might be easier to help you figure out which one to choose.

If all else fails, you can always try them both out for free and see which one works best for you.

3. Michelle Rae

Michelle Rae New Member

Thanks Leo, I plan on using an email marketing service to send monthly newsletters to all of my customers (about 600 of them and growing). I wouldnt consider myself tech savvy, but I have been an active email user since 1996. Does that help?

4. Koby

Koby New Member

Hey Michelle,

I'm going to forward this topic onto my coworker who knows a lot more about email marketing services than me. She'll be able to help you.

5. darcie

darcie New Member

Hi, Michelle! I'm the "coworker who knows a lot more about email marketing services" that Koby mentioned to you.

I would say that both services have their pros and cons.

For Constant Contact, their editor is really easy to use. But, they only allow you to host 5 images on their service, so you might have some hassle with deleting and uploading photos. However, they have a great customer service department.

MailChimp, we found, is slightly less intuitive to use, but they are, as you say, very hip and cool. They have great reporting and some cool features you can't get anywhere else--such as this cool geolocating tool. While they don't have phone support, they do tend to answer customer questions quickly via Twitter or live chat.

As you can see, they're both good services with some slight drawbacks. I'd also suggest you check out GetResponse. They also have a great product.

Plus, with these services you can always sign up for a free trial to test them out! Thanks again for your feedback and let us know if you have any additional questions.

6. Michelle Rae

Michelle Rae New Member

Thank you guys so much! I had signed up with a free trial in both MailChimp and Constant Contact and I think I'm going to stick with Constant Contact because it is just so easy to use. I'll definitely check out GetResponse's website though too! Thanks again

- Michelle

7. sid 9

sid 9 New Member

<span style="color: #333333; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; word-spacing: 1px;">Hey Michelle,</span>

<span style="border-collapse: collapse; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;"> </span>

<div> I am Siddhartha Singh pursuing engineering in India.I am going to open a new website where i will have to send daily emails to my users. </div>
    <div>So, i will have to send different customized mails to all of my user with advertisement included in it from google ad sense.</div>

<span style="border-collapse: collapse; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;">Please tell me the free tools that i can use to send mails with slight customization as per user names and other things related to them to all of my user with advertisements</span><span style="border-collapse: collapse; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;"> included in it from google ad sense.</span>

8. sid 9

sid 9 New Member

hey darcie,

<span style="color: #333333; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px;"> </span>

<div style="outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border: 0px initial initial;">I am Siddhartha Singh pursuing engineering in India.I am going to open a new website where i will have to send daily emails to my users. </div>
    <div style="outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border: 0px initial initial;">So, i will have to send different customized mails to all of my user with advertisement included in it from google ad sense.</div>
    <p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 1.5em; margin-left: 0px; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; word-spacing: 0.125em; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; padding: 0px; border: 0px initial initial;">

<p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 1.5em; margin-left: 0px; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; word-spacing: 0.125em; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; padding: 0px; border: 0px initial initial;"><span style="outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; border-collapse: collapse; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border: 0px initial initial;">Please tell me the free tools that i can use to send mails with slight customization as per user names and other things related to them to all of my user with advertisements</span><span style="outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; border-collapse: collapse; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border: 0px initial initial;"> included in it from google ad sense.</span>

9. heymp25

heymp25 New Member

If you're looking for a "Contact Contact, Online Appointments Scheduler, Survey Monkey, and Online Coupons" in 1 platform, you may want to try www.Jibbio.com

Jibbio.com provides the small business, professional practice, and organizations with a powerful “6-in-1” online marketing & productivity suite combining both utility and social media.

All 6 tools for just $19.95/month (a $180.00/month value).

14-day FREE trial.

Perfect for the small business that’s on a tight budget.