How to increase my website ranking

Discussion in 'Website Development & Online Marketing' started by elitebag, Nov 9, 2011.

1. elitebag

elitebag New Member

I just built a website and don't want to pay much for SEO. How do I increase my website ranking by myself?

2. Lindsey

Lindsey New Member

Hello! There are several things you can do your self for SEO. A good place to get started is with our article SEO For Beginners. If you are a local business a great article on Local SEO is How To Use Local SEO To Attract More Customers In Your Area which gives you some tricks to help you get found in your local search engines.

I hope these articles help. If you have any more questions after reading these, please ask and we will do our best to quickly get you an answer. Thank you for your post!

3. koby_wong

koby_wong New Member

Thanks for the great info Lindsey.

4. Lindsey

Lindsey New Member

Hi jwmann2 and thank you for your post! Great content is definitely a must in getting your sites ranked within the search engine result pages(SERPS) such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo!. Well written, properly optimized content that is relevant to your topic, website, and readers is what will keep both your readers and the search engines coming back for more and in the end helping to increase your rankings within the SERPS. Optimizing your content with keywords that appear natural and are not overused is key. Well written and optimized content is especially important now with the recent Google algorithm updates. Websites laden with nonsensical keywords and irrelevant content just won't cut it anymore.

Once you have your great content written, you definitely want people to see it! Building back links help with increasing rankings and traffic to your site so that you can get this content that you spent your time and energy on out for people to read.

Back links are the inbound links that are the incoming links to your website. For example, if a reader likes your content, they may link to it or share your content to others creating a link back to your site. Back links are important because this is how the popularity and importance of your website is noticed by the search engines. Good, quality back links help the SERPS know that your website is relevant and that you are taking the time to create that quality content that Google so much desires.

There are various ways to obtain back links which jwmann2 did a great job listing the various outlets to obtain these type of links. Some of my favorites are Press Release submissions and article marketing. Thanks again for a great post!

5. onlineleads

onlineleads New Member

I agree that blog commenting is a great way to build links. However, in my experience many blogs are nofollow links. Thus, the value comes from increasing brand awareness and possibly getting traffic to the site.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Page Rank is all about the links. If you get links from high PR sites your PR will increase, but even a lot of low PR links will increase your PR. Also the links can't be nofollowed as is usually the case for blog comments.

http://www.61seoservices.com/

7. TelesalesMatt

TelesalesMatt New Member

The best way is SEO. It's very effective. :)

8. lanceearnerfore

lanceearnerfore New Member

good information

9. ilovemedia

ilovemedia New Member

You can do your own search engine optimization and still get great results. First you need to hone up your SEO skills by looking up some tutorials such as the one linked above. Aside from this you can do your research on keywords and related words to use on latent semantic indexing, or you can simply look for sites that will generate the relevant keywords for you. You don't have to pay anyone to do SEO because in essence, prince are pretty simple.

10. scsinsurance

scsinsurance New Member

Such a great discussion going on in this post. I really like this post very much. Thanks for aware us regarding SEO tips.

11. GeneralManager1

GeneralManager1 New Member

There are many SEO methods used to increase website ranking..But i thinks Citation building and article submissions are best way to increase ranking ..