What happens with a Virtual PBX when my cell phone is off?

Discussion in 'Small Business Computer' started by Matt, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Matt

Matt New Member

If I have a virtual PBX service setup and a caller dials the extension that forwards to my cell phone, but my cell phone is currently off (eg: I'm on a plane), does the caller go to my cell phone's voicemail, since it will likely answer before the virtual PBX, or will the virtual PBX recognize that the phone is off and send the caller to the voicemail I set up on the system?

2. leo

leo Member

Unfortunately, if your phone is off, that call will be picked up by your cell phone's voicemail rather than your virtual PBX voicemail. It's a pretty frustrating experience- looking around to see if there is a good solution.

3. leo

leo Member

Actually, Grasshopper's Twitter support (Grasshopper is a virtual PBX provider) suggested using their call screening or call announce to avoid this problem. By turning on call screening, when the call comes in to your mobile, you are asked to dial a number to either connect or dismiss the caller. If your voicemail picks up right away, no selection will be made and the call will ultimately go to your Grasshopper voicemail. This feature should work with any virtual PBX service that offers call screening.

4. Shushant

Shushant New Member

Virtual PBX routes call over the internet to any location, any department or any agent's extension whether it is a personal mobile, desk phone or desktop.
    When a caller dials to an extension connected to your cell phone that is switched off then on that case a business owner can opt for many options like:
    • Find Me/Follow Me: Call Can be again forwarded to another number added by the agent himself.
    • VoiceMail: Call forwarded to VoiceMail of Virtual PBX
    • Call Screening and Call announce feature improves your customer handling process
    These features provided by The Real PBX makes your business more efficient and better and helps you to control your business communication to a next level.
    If you know who is calling, you can: Prioritize business calls, transfer calls to a department, block unwanted numbers and much more.

Hope this helped to resolve your query to some extent.