A Compilation of Email Marketing Statistics
Many marketers have toted for years that email marketing “is dead”, although recent reports have shown differently. This Starticle provides you with a compilations of the latest email marketing statistics and benchmarks to help you better understand how to plan your email marketing campaigns in 2013.
General Email Trends versus Targeted Email Campaign Trends
Email Vs Other Marketing Channels
Econsultancy took a survey of in-house marketers and their thoughts on various marketing channels’ ability to drive monetary benefit. It turns out that email marketing is second, only to organic search referrals.
These numbers are pretty compelling since almost a third of the respondents spent “no time” on optimizing their email marketing strategy. Another 20% of the respondents claimed to only 2 hours a week optimizing their campaing. That is almost 50% of in-house marketers spending little to no time on the second best marketing channel in terms of ROI.
Email Lead Conversion Change 2011-2013
Lead conversions through email remain consistent throughout 2011 to 2013 and according to Hubspot, rated third in it’s ability to drive sales from leads created.
Email Campaign Development Statistics
Having a clean and up-to-date email list is one of the best ways to increase the likelyhood of your email marketing campains making it to the intended inboxes
Email Marketing – Mobile vs. Desktop vs. Tablet Consumption
Mobile and tablet open rates for emails have been growing drastically over the last few years.
Here at ChooseWhat, we typically recommend that you send marketing emails out between Tuesday and Thursday. Although, if you must send out an email campaign over the weekend, make sure it is optimized for mobile or tablet users.
According to a report by ReturnPath, emails viewed on webmail or mobile devices drastically increases over the weekend while desktop usage is way down.
Mobile Email Open Rates
- Consumer Services – 40.14% mobile email open rate
- Hospitality – 30.5% mobile open rate
- Cable & Telco – 29.42% mobile open rate
- Financial Services – 29.3% mobile open rate
- Entertainment – 28.93% mobile open rate
- Consumer Products – 28% mobile open rate
- Education – 22.95% mobile open rate
- Retail – 22.62% mobile open rate
Mobile Email Click Rates (CTR & CTO)
- Financial Services – 14.13% mobile email click activity
- Consumer Products – 12.62% mobile email click activity
- Entertainment – 9.4% mobile email click activity
- Consumer Services – 8.97% mobile email click activity
- Association Emails – 8.87% mobile email click activity
- Retail – 6.92% mobile email click activity
- Hospitality Emails – 6.08% mobile email click activity
This one may or may not be helpful in building your email marketing campaign, but word clouds are visually appealing and it is a great motivator to get you started on your email marketing campaign.
What do you LOVE about creating an email marketing campaign?
But first, you must choose an email marketing service.
Pingback: Is Email Marketing Better Than Social Media? - Launch While Working - Launch While Working