Backing up your files is an absolute necessity, especially if you are a small business owner. Online backup is a hosted service that stores all of your important files, folders, and photos from your home or business computer on a remote server. Now, accessing the files stored on your home or business computer is becoming easier than ever with the use of mobile apps. Some of the top online backup mobile apps are:
IDrive iPhone App
IDrive online backup offers a mobile app for iPhone, Android, and Blackberry users who also have an IDrive account. The IDrive online backup mobile app allows you to:
- Share files and folders with anyone anywhere
- Search through files and documents in your IDrive account
- Read documents, watch movies, and listen to music stored on your home or office computer
- Back up contacts and items on your iPhone or iPad such as contacts and photos in your camera roll
A big advantage to the iDrive online backup app is the ability to back up your iPhone or iPad contacts, photos, and videos.
Mozy iPhone App
Mozy online backup provides a free file syncing mobile app that you can download from the iPhone App Store. A few of the features offered through Mozy File Sync are:
- The ability to synchronize your files across all your computers and mobile devices
- Email a file from anywhere to anyone
- View backed up photos and share those photos right onto Facebook
- Access your audio files from your home computer on your mobile device
The advantage to using online backup mobile apps is that you can access your files from anywhere at any time. With Mozy, however, you are unable to back up your files on your iPhone or iPad to your Mozy account. The online backup mobile app is available for both iPhone and Android mobile devices.
Included below is a list of additional online backup services that offer an iPhone app:
For more information on online backup services, visit our Online Backup Comparison Chart.